Calibrated measuring instruments require calibrated testing equipment.
For scales these are calibrated test weights, also known as "Normal".
Test weights must be recalibrated periodically depending on frequency of use. This will ensure that they can withstand the demands of a reliable functioning test equipment.
Recalibration times depend on the frequency of use, the conditions of use and your safety requirements.
The standard specifies no particular recalibration interval. We recommend to recalibrate your test weights with intensive use every 6 months and every 12 months with normal use.
KERN calibrates test weights of all manufacturers
- in all OIML-accuracy classes E1 - M3 and in masses 1 mg - 2500 kg
- with free nominal value (any weight value)
- executed in Newton
- shape indipendent (special constructions)
- independent of brands
Factory calibration at KERN (you send your weights to us)
The procedure here is as follows:
Day 1: Submitting your weights to the KERN calibration laboratory in Balingen.
Day 2 bis 3: Assessment and calibration of your weights by our specialists.
Day 4: After a positive assessment your weights will be returned to you.
- Excellent price / performance ratio
- Fastest turnaround times
- DAkkS standard: 4 working days
- DAkkS express service: within 48 hours (details on request)
- brand independent calibration
- KERN also reconditions older customer weights (for example cleaning or readjustment)
- KERN DAkkS calibrations certificates are valid internationally
- we monitor your recalibration periods
- If desired pick up and delivery service by our courier
- Advanced calibration methodology with robot-operated comparators allow accurate calibration and fast turnaround
On-site calibration (we come to you)
Possible with test weights OIML error limit M1 - M3, 10 kg - 2500 kg.
In Germany KERN has a tight network of employees of the KERN DAkkS calibration laboratory, who perform on-site calibration of the weights mentioned above in your area.
Low downtimes and the personal contact with our expert distinguish this service. Also this KERN calibration service is independent from brands.
Preparatory maintenance operations by agreement.
Prices for on-site calibrations on request.
You tell us your desired date with indicating the test weights. Our DAkkS calibration employee will immediately contact you and discuss the Progress with you - uncomplicated and competent.
- calibration on-site in the environment of use or close to you in your area
- no risk of damage in transit
- minimal downtime
- brand independent maintenance, basic inspection and adjustment by the expert
- you tell us your desired date