Calibration of balances
Any balance will only give correct results if it is checked regularly, i.e. calibrated correctly and adjusted when required. So a balance is only a reliable measuring and checking tool if it calibrated and this calibration is documented. The issued DAkkS calibration certificates are proof of the metrological traceability to national and international standards, as required by the DIN EN ISO 9000 and DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025 standards, amongst others. KERN recommends a recalibration period of one year.
As a customer you have the following options:
Calibration at the KERN factory (you send your balance to us)
Recommended for new devices an for balances which can be affordably transported, as then there is no need for us to travel to carry out the calibration on-site. If neccessary, repairs can be carried out at the same time, quickly and in full.
The process would be as follows:
Day 1: Send your balance to the KERN calibration laboratory in Balingen.
Day 2 bis 3: Evaluations and calibration of your balance by our specialists.
Day 4: After positive validation, your balance will be returned.
- fastest processing times:
- DAkkS standard process: 4 working days
- DAkkS express service: within 48 hours (details on demand)
- Competence: calibration laboratory, which fulfills the highest standards
- Calibration according to DAkkS-DKD-R 3-3 which fulfills DIN EN ISO 9001 requirement of traceability
- Databased supported management of your checking equipment possible
- Independent of brand: we can calibrate measuring devices irrespective of their manufacturer
- Repair: Necessary repairs can, if desired, be carried out immediately